Beaufort Polo Club has two clear objectives: to provide good quality polo at all levels and to encourage young British players. These aims have fuelled a dramatic growth in the Club which now has around 120 playing members.
This growth has been accompanied by success at all levels: Beaufort Pony Club teams win regularly at Cowdray. Beaufort based teams have won the 15 and 12 goal Victor Ludorum trophies more times than any other Club. Beaufort based Hildon won the Cowdray Gold Cup in 2004 and Beaufort based Apes Hill won the Queen’s Cup in 2009. In 2005 Centaurous Beaufort was the first team without an Argentine to qualify for the Argentine Open since 1966.
A full programme of tournaments can be found in the 2016 Fixture List and practice chukkas are played on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
2016 Membership Details
|Restricted – over 30 years old, less than 2 goal handicap and does not sponsor an English player of more than 2 goals, or an OSP of more than 4 goals.||£3,400|
|Unrestricted – 2 goals and above or sponsors an English player of more than 2 goals, or an OSP of more than 4 goals.||£2,900|
|2nd Club Membership - Applicants should have confirmed membership of another club to apply. (Professionals joined with this category will pay only £500)||£1,000|
|Chukka - total of 20 chukkas, thereafter either one of the memberships above or a temporary membership should be arranged.||£500|
|Full Associate Member - UK resident||£150|
|Junior Associate Member - UK resident||£65|
|Full Associate Member - Overseas resident||£300|
|Temporary membership - valid for up to 2 months and equates to roughly 1/3 per month of the full subscription. For any longer a full membership must be paid.||Apply to the Polo Office|
|Family membership - if 3 or more from the same family are members there will be a 25% discount off the cheapest subscription (and 25% of the 4th if applicable).||Apply to the Polo Office|
- All Ages as of the 1st of January
- 6 Polo grounds
- Stick and ball areas
- Polo Pit
- Indoor riding school
- Outdoor schooling area
- Exercise track
- Club House with licenced bar and changing rooms with “torrential” shower
What is it about Beaufort that makes it attractive to players?
- Well structured practice chukkas 3 days a week which are umpired and can be used for team practices.
- Regular Club matches
- Tournaments at every level up to 20 goals including 7, weekend only, 2 goal tournaments. Subsidised entry fees for Club members in Club tournaments.
- A pioneering Club producing new ideas which help to improve polo for players:
- Duke of Beaufort Cup (18 goals polo) to help the transition from medium to high goal.
- County Polo: played 3-a-side on a slightly shorter field, and is only open to amateur players of 0 goals and below.